-
Status
Not open for further replies.

valiant1966

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have for sale a set of Top Cat Whiskers for what , I am not sure. They were sold to me by Restoration Specialties(Richard O'Shields) at the Mopar Nats. They/he sold them to me, assuring me that they fit my car but do not and they refuse to make it right. So here they are. They do NOT fit a 66 Valiant 2-Dr. hardtop.
I believe they may fit a 2-door sedan. Not sure. I included as much info and pics as I think relevant(maybe more) but if something else would help, PM me or post here and I will try to get more.
I paid $90 for them at the Nats. Selling them for $75 including shipping in the US.
As always, THANKS FABO!!!! Dennis

Whiskerss_zps51fb6520.jpg

Whiskess2_zps0e6d2edd.jpg

Whiskerss3_zps5350330c.jpg

Whiskerss1_zpsd4b17aa9.jpg

The outer belt on the front door isn't long enough. About 2" short. It is really the worst one on my car and of course, it's the one I can't use. The inner is correct and the back windows are correct...just the one strip on both front doors.
That's why I guess it may be a 2 door sedan kit. The post takes up the extra space(2").
I talked to Richard OShields at Restoration Supplies early on and he assured me they would correct the problem and he even got a shipping address from me but then nothing. Now they won't even answer me. Dennis

FWIW. I also bought a set of window felts from Restoration Specialties but for a 68 Barracuda fastback and my outers for the door were also short about 2 inches. I compared that to the 68 convertible and the convertible runs all the way. So I was like damn, what is going on here. But when i attended MoparFest in Canada in August I looked at several fastbacks and they all were short like mine but had a rubber piece a couple of inches long with a clip in them that took up the remainder of the gap (some were original cars). No clue why there is a difference between the fastback (short) and the vert or a notchback which are not but it seemed the factory did it that way..no clue why. Now I have to locate the small rubber piece if I can since it sure appears that is the way Ma Mopar did it.

I still have factory originals in my 66 Valiant 2 door hardtop (just in really bad condition)and they go all the way to the back edge of the door.
That is why I added the dimensions in the pics, so people can measure the actual length of what they need.
I really do believe that from all the pics I have seen on here, they may fit a 2 door sedan(post). If an owner of a sedan on here would see this, whether they want them or not and confirm the length of their outer door window felt, it would help.
This is a pic of where the door closes and the length discrepancy from the inner and outer belt. Dennis

Door2_zps7b0fc7e9.jpg

So you don't really know what it fits? Why do you think it fits sedan? I have a 64 2 door post that I am wondering about. dodgem

Actually, I saw one(sedan) at a show today and the inner and outer window felts were the same length. That is why I think it fits a sedan. I remeasured mine and the felts that I have are a full 3" shorter. Dennis

27.5" on the lower door window. 20.5" on the lower rear window on a 2 door post '64. Could they be for a four door? Sorry tey ripped you off. I'll be sure to stay away from them.

Thanks for the response armyofchuckness. Guess it could be a 4 door. I'll try to check that out. If I knew exactly what they fit, I'm sure they would be easier to sell. That is why I showed the dimensions, so buyers could check. My front outer measures real close to 28 3/4".

I really hate that Restoration Specialties were being uncooperative. They really had some nice stuff and I got a catalog with intentions of ordering some more stuff. Thanks again. Dennis

Do you think these are for a 68 Valiant?? I need a full set for mine-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back