TopBanana's 73 Dart Sport Resto

-

TopBanana

A-Body Fanatic!
Reaction score
Well, I finally getting the car to the point where I can make some progress. It's been @ the stage of the first picture for ~7 years. A friend lent me his rotisserie after finishing his 70 GTX so it's time to get off my a$$ already. Here's some starting pics of the dis-assembly.

73DartSport.jpg

DSCN0817.jpg

DSCN0818.JPG

DSCN0819.JPG

DSCN0821.JPG

DSCN0822.JPG

DSCN0823.JPG

DSCN0824.JPG

DSCN0825.JPG

DSCN0826.JPG

I've already put all 6 interior floor pan sections in, and did a full trunk floor with extensions. Now comes the fun part of getting the under carriage and engine compartment in order...hence the rotisserie. I've landed in the ER twice w/ metal or rust in my eyes. I won't do it again!

The car has was bought new by my grandmother, and has 45K original miles, 318, 2bbl, auto w/ console, white interior, white stripe, fold down rear seat, etc. It's pretty much loaded except for 340 and sunroof. I've attached a repro I made of the window sticker.

DSCN0827.JPG

DSCN0828.JPG

Dart Window Sticker.jpg

Man, thats a nice, solid car ya got there.
Are those original quarter panels?
Nice with a rotisserie huh??!! I wish I had one when I was spraying the undercarriage on my Dart.
What is the plan with this one?

Keep up the nice work.

George

Thanks! The drivers side quarter panel has been replaced. I got hit side to side WAAAAY back when and had to replace it. My plans are to make it look stock, but not run stock. Back to factory Top Banana Yellow, Built 360, 727, 3.55's...ought to get out of it's own way OK. I'll post some more pics of the inside soon too.

-
Back