Torque Box

-

mad dog

Reaction score
Good morning all, im searching for the US. Cartool torque box kit for my 73 Duster 340 project, i would like all 4 of them... im having trouble with the usual vendors being out of stock.. Mancini and Cartool showing out of stock.. any other vendors offering this kit?.. Rich

Thanks Professor, I seen those and while I think they are probably more correct looking I don’t want to spend $400 for a set, cartool sells the set for $259... possibly for a correct restoration but I’m trying to up grade a daily driver that I’m building so I would like to buy the cartool boxes...

while on the subject of out of stock parts.. im waiting awhile now for espo springs too.... is there a steel shortage or maybe a covid thing

Thanks Professor, I seen those and while I think they are probably more correct looking I don’t want to spend $400 for a set, cartool sells the set for $259... possibly for a correct restoration but I’m trying to up grade a daily driver that I’m building so I would like to buy the cartool boxes...
:thumbsup: Gotcha- but just keep 'em in mind, because they're IN STOCK right now- who knows when CarTool will be able to restock, and if you really need to keep the project moving, sometimes you have to bite the bullet...

I agree, I can wait a little longer..I like to collect all parts before diving in

I just recently had purchased torque boxes from USCT. On back order, I waited about two weeks before they came in. I would purchase them and wait.

I got a whole Level 3 kit not too long after ordering it when it was marked “out of stock”. Just give them a call. The guy said they make them in batches and sometimes the size of batch varies depending on the amount of orders they get.

i will try calling them tomorrow....were your boxes for an A body?

Good morning all, im searching for the US. Cartool torque box kit for my 73 Duster 340 project, i would like all 4 of them... im having trouble with the usual vendors being out of stock.. Mancini and Cartool showing out of stock.. any other vendors offering this kit?.. Rich
When Chrysler was building the A Bodies as new cars and torque boxes were not in stock they just contacted to build without them, or so I have been told.

update... i called yesterday and ordered the torque boxes from cartool, the gentleman was very polite and accommodating, i placed my order and today i get a tracking number... my boxes are on the way... the computor said they were out of stock... crazy

If you're not worried about stock, make your own. It's sheetmetal.. I made my own stiffening plates for my LCA's, so clearly if i can do it, it's not rocket science :)

-
Back