Torque Converter Help ??!!?!?!??!

-

rhanghian

Reaction score
Ive got a '73 dart w/ 360", brodix heads, camshaft is [email protected], 727 w/ man valvebody. Car currently has 3.55 gear in it as i drive it quite often. I also have a 4.30. Car is set-up for 50-150 shot of spray, but has not been used. Car currently runs 12.20s @ 109-111 mph with 1.98s 60ft time. Current converter stall is about 1500+-. Car is crossing the traps @7000rpm in 2nd gear in the 1/4 .

I am looking for a converter that i can run both gears with if needed, but will prob keep the 3.55 mostly. Need something to get the 60ft times down-- car is a dog out of the hole but really picks up on the big end.

Any suggestions of stall, brand , etc would be greatly appreciated.........

Thanks
Ryan

A stock converters stahl speed is about 1800 rpm. What is the power range on the cam? What intake do you have and what power range does it have? Those are really the factors you need to look at first you want to buy a converter to match when your engine stars to make power, then mess around with what gear you are going to run.

I,ve read that Dynamic convertors are the choice nowadays.I,d call them and give your cam specs,gears and tire size you plan to run,this will help choosing a stall speed.I run a Coan 8 inch 4500 stall behind my 410,my 60fts are deadeven at 1.50.I plan on lower 60fts after adding CalTracs this year.Good luck.

Power range on the cam is 3200-7200. Current intake is a victor jr, w/ 750 holley. Car doesnt start making power til 3500-3700 at least.

Give Lenny at Ultimate Converters a call he'll tell ya' exactely what you need,build it and it will perform as he says..from what i was told Dynamic(whom Lenny built converters for) aren't the same since Lenny went out on his own...

-
Back