Torque converter help.

-

68fastback

Reaction score
I have a 68 Barracuda with a 360 and a 727. I need a new torque converter. What is the best converter under $300 (or as cheap as I can get) that is worth spending the money on. Also I am not sure what stall I should get it at. I am spending over half the time at the track but does need to be able to drive in town a little. All the help I could get would be great.

Thank you.

Brad

I have a Boss Hogg 3200 if your interested. It was only in the car for a little while. Not enough stall for me. I went with a 3500 from Shawn at Dynamic. They are twice what you want to spend. Or you can get a converter from Lenny at Ultimate.

Give Lenny at Ultimate a call he's the best out there,he'll tell you exactely what you need and it'll do exactely as he says,i know thats why his converter is in my car..203-874-2100

Just telling us that it is a 360 and 727 isn't near enough info for what converter it needs.

I found a short phone call to Hughes Performance was helpful. They took the time to answer my questions and recommend a converter. Their prices are very reasonable, I got a 2000 stall speed converter from them for my cruiser for $200. Steve, the owner of Macy Transmission here in Concord, a transmission shop with a great reputation, is a hard-core Mopar guy and racer and uses their stuff.
You can call Hughes tech hot-line at 1-800-274-RACE. Their web address is:
http://www.hughesperformance.com/

I'm not sure yet on the cam but a 360 block, LD 340 intake J heads with 1.88 and 1.60 valves home port job, trying to find a 750 carb stock bottom end headman headers stock 727(because I don't know what to do with it yet) 8 3/4 rear w/3.91 gears. If you need more info let me know.

-
Back