torque converter info

-

Ryno_84

Reaction score
Hey mopar brothers. Since im a newby in the mopar world im going to be asking a lot of questions, and this is one of my big ones. Got a 71 Duster with a 318 and a 727 tranny. The guy I bought the car from said the tranny had a 360 torque converter and either it is supposed to be balanced or not..... I dont know. SO, I ordered a TCI sizzler converter for a Mopar 727 tranny but doesnt say in Jegs a certain engine size. Will it work? And i cant understand how you can balance anything that is slinging fluid anyway lol, but thats why I like you guys. Cause yall know. Thanks

all 318 engines are internally balanced. 360s are externally balanced with counterweights on the converter and a the balancer. you need a converter that is not weighted for a 318

I bought a TCI sizzler converter and I don't think it has weight so hopefully it will work. Thanks man I appreciate it.

It should say in the description if it's a neutral balance converter (what you need) or not. If it doesn't say on JEGS site look on the manufacturer's site. I double check nearly everything I order on the manufacturer's website cause websites like JEGS and summit has issues with their postings once in a while.

For balancing the torque converter, you need balance adapter and i think that it does fit in any engine size. If you want to know how to balance it then i can say that go to the "balance-engineering", they described the each and every detail regarding the fitment procedure and specification for balancing the auto parts including Torque converter.

-
Back