torque converter question

-

Reaction score
other than bolt size are all 727 converters the same internally and stall rated the same

i guess allot of people ask dumb questions like me however would a 318 use the same as a 440-6

You need to match the converter up with what you have. Simplest answer I know.

ok heres the problem its a stock looking converter built to 2500 stall, will it be tuff enough for a strocked 528 cu hemi dyno at 700 hp and 680 torque. It will be street driven 3.75 rear gear no slick, tranny builder said its fine. All the donut shop racers say no way it will grenade.

Don't go cheap on the converter, most important part of your combo there. PTC, Dynamic, Coan etc. Give them a call, tell em' what you have.

Don't go cheap on the converter, most important part of your combo there. PTC, Dynamic, Coan etc. Give them a call, tell em' what you have.

X2 on this. You get what you pay for in a converter. Don't cheap out on it.

Not even close to good enough. Will likely grenade and trash the trans. in the process. Like Poison and Clint said spend the money for a good converter. After all you've most likely spent a small fortune to build a 700 HP Hemi, haven't you? A good converter will most likely cost less than 7-8% of what that engine cost

-
Back