Torque converter question

-
You'll be sorry if you dont get a PTC....

TCI is junk ****.. they go fine with a FMX...LOL

727's are awesome transmissions...

I spoke to my vendor he said I can ship it back !! It's still new in box so I think I will!

I spoke to my vendor he said I can ship it back !! It's still new in box so I think I will!

Probably a wise choice. If you want a good converter, PTC can put one together that will make you much happier.

I have purchased 2 PTC converters in the last couple years. Excellent product, service and speed ! Definitely
worth the investment.

don't want to hijack your thread bighammer. I have just got my girl up and running. 410 sb 727 borg warner s475 turbo 2.75 gears 28" tire and 3800 ptc converter.
been taking her for short drives to get afr's sorted and thought the shifts were soft. got a cope reverse manual vb, followed their install instructions to the letter. have used transgo tf2 kits in the past with 2400 verter and the shifts were hard. that's what I was expecting with this set up.
when I ordered my verter from ptc I went over my build with Lane and the 9 1/2" was what I ended up with. 50-50 street strip.
from what I have read in this thread converter slippage is to be expected with a stall of 3800, and also softer shifts. is this the case.
at 60mph i'm around 2200rpm and when I accelerate slowish it's not tooo bad, but if I mash the gas it's like it's slipping and then gets up like a cut cat. starts making boost at around 3500 and when it does man it's scary.

-
Back