Torque converter question

-

yellow rose

Overnight Sensation
Reaction score
Any of youse guys ever hear of Yank torque converters??? I never heard of them. If you have used them let me know how it went.

Yes have heard of them. The motortrend guys use yank billet converters in just about everything. I have spoken to Frieburger about them in the past at roadkill zip tie drags and he couldn’t say enough good things about them. I have one going in a 46re but it won’t be running for a while.

Sorry wrong trans. The yank is going on my 700r4. The 46re converter was built by precision.

Continental converters in Calif make great CVs. They couple up nice & tight for street driving. The original owner Kris has retired but I believe his former employees have continued the business.

Continental converters in Calif make great CVs. They couple up nice & tight for street driving. The original owner Kris has retired but I believe his former employees have continued the business.
Small world @Bewy, one of his (Kris’ from continental) former employees is a good friend of mine. Pete. He tried to buy the converter business but “other” factors got in the way.

We too bought a lot of converters from Kris A. at Continental before he moved to Texas and retired and sadly, passed away. Now, I am having good luck with the folks at Precision of New Hampton (Iowa). Milt Frese there is a great guy to deal with and is very helpful.

Hey Tom
How goes things down south?
Haven't seen you on in awhile,
I agree with you Milt is great been dealing with them for over 20 years great people and great convertors.
Lon Kopaska

Hi Lon! It is 98 degrees F here in the KC Area! Toasty warm but is to be 75 next week.
Been playing around with a 62 PG and 70 TA Challenger 727 recently. Milt set me up well on both converters; they were perfect and priced well too.

We too bought a lot of converters from Kris A. at Continental before he moved to Texas and retired and sadly, passed away. Now, I am having good luck with the folks at Precision of New Hampton (Iowa). Milt Frese there is a great guy to deal with and is very helpful.

WOW!!! I used a bunch of Continental converters in the 90’s and 2000’s. Didn’t know Kris died. That’s a bummer. Thanks for the info.

-
Back