Torque converter questions

-
prostr340duster

If the OP doesn't take you up on that generous offer, I'd love to buy/get the convertor from you. I need something like that for a car that is going together

Rob

I talked to Nelson, the owner of ACC today. Very friendly. He recommended the 2,800-3,200rpm stall. It's the street bandit level one. I think I may give this a shot. Seems like they score high in customer service.

Thank you very much for the offer "prostr340duster" but I think i'll give ACC a shot and see how it does.

"crackedback" - it's all yours!

Thanks again

Does anyone know the highest stall available from the factory for a 904? Did they ever put a "roadrunner" type of converter in a factory 904 car ?

I think I decided what kind to get:

http://www.kmjent.com/cart/product.php?productid=121&cat=7951833&page=1

Has anyone used these before? I'll call them on monday and get some more info on it. Not sure why it's 2,200-2,800 when other ones I see have one stall rpm.

Is it really nessecary to run a trans cooler even though it's not real high of a stall? I could see using one for a car thats more race than street.

I've never run one of their converters but $191.00 sounds a little too cheap for a quality converter to me,sounds more like the price for a generic off the shelf fits anything item,trust me you can benefit from a good quality converter,over a cheap poorly made one any day..as for a trans. cooler that is always a good upgrade along with a deeper trans pan to aid in cooling also..

I've never run one of their converters but $191.00 sounds a little too cheap for a quality converter to me,sounds more like the price for a generic off the shelf fits anything item,trust me you can benefit from a good quality converter,over a cheap poorly made one any day..

I gotta agree. A converter can make or break how a car runs. I hope for your sake 7duster4 it's good but you usually get what you pay for.

I decided to hold off on the converter for now. I determined that if I want a real good converter I probably need to have one custom built tp my specs. As some people on this forum have had done. I don't want the converter slipping and cause premature trans fail. I already have a +1 quart trans pan, but a cooler is just another expense.

-
Back