Torque converter weights

-

Hotwheels sr.

Reaction score
Can the weights be bought and welded onto the torque converter while it's in the car? It just so happens that I didn't know it at the time but the converter the transmission guy bought for me isn't balanced for my 360. I never checked or noticed before putting in, now I would rather not remove of I don't have to

Can the weights be bought and welded onto the torque converter while it's in the car? It just so happens that I didn't know it at the time but the converter the transmission guy bought for me isn't balanced for my 360. I never checked or noticed before putting in, now I would rather not remove of I don't have to
Back in the day they where available and came with a templet to help install in the exact spot.I would check with a Mopar Performance dealer, such as Mancini Racing.

Check with cope or Pat blass, the weights are available and can be welded on in the car.
Just get them positioned correctly first.

I have used a couple. They are SFI approved and work great. There are a few different ones depending on what engine as the external balance weights vary. You will still have to pull the trans and converter to use one.
Yeah, I was thinking that myself (dropping the trans anyway). Plus price wise if I was going that far I might just as well change the converter. Thanks

The nice thing about the B&M flexplate is that you can use any neutral balanced converter! And, it can go on any externally balanced motor. I’ve used them with much success over the years!

Seems the best solution was to buy a balanced flex plate. So, that's what I did. Thanks for all of the help

-
Back