torque convertor question

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 440 with a 727 in my Duster. I have totally restored this car. When we put it together years ago a buddy of mine talked me into a 3500 stall for it. He thought I was going to run it at the track. It is way too much for the street.I am getting ready to go back with the drivetrain and I wanted to get another one that is right for my application. I think I need a 2400 or so. The convertor I took out measured 11"s around the teeth part and there was 130 teeth on it. When I was at the Mopar Nationals last weekend I ran into a guy who had a 2500 stall out of a big block and he told me it was a 10 1/2 ". He assured me it would work. Now I will admitt I don't know jack **** about this. My question is what is the difference between a 10 1/2 and 11 " convertor. Is it the body of it or is it the part where the teeth are. Will this work for me. Will it bolt up and do what i need it to do. I really appreciate any knowledgeable answer you guys will give me. Thanks,Bill

Call Martin Saine and ask him what you need and he'll build you one, and not some off the shelf pos china part junk either... Don't buy tc's from swap meets....you have no idea what the hell it was is and if it was in a blow up or not...and you aren't going to have it checked and cut open and cleaned...

Trust me, spend the money once, right and with the best people possible..

951-907-0434 or [email protected] tell him Supershafts (Marty) told you to call..

I had Frank Lupo build a 2400 for my Dart. cost 395.00 but well worth it. Dynamic Converters.

-
Back