torque specs anyone?

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Wondered if any of you guys had the correct torque specs for the center section nuts on an 8 3/4 and the u joint strap bolts for a 7290 yoke.
Help would be greatly appreciated!

and for the u joint strap bolts, are you refering to this? this is exactly what the SM says..

"Install rear universal joint of propeller shaft and tighten clamp screw to 15 foot pounds"

not sure if thats what you're looking for or not..
hopefully this info helped a bit..

Thanks guys. The reason I asked for the torque specs is I'm putting a new 4:10 center section in this week.
While I'm at it I figured I'd replace the axle bearings also. Do I need any special tools, and what exactly is the Green bearing? Is this the one I want and if so, where can I get a pair in a hurry?

green1 told you where to get them. green bearing are bearings that don't need to be adjusted at all. You just bolt everything right up. never had to deal with a traditional set of bearings forthe rear end..but i've heard that they are a pain in the ***

Hey hey! I needed to know the torque spec too. Is there a tightening sequence or just a criss cross patter like almost everything else?

Also, I did the green bearing swap. Piece of cake once you get the old bearings off. THAT was a pain in the ***. I suggest skipping the torch/hydraulic press method and going for the cut off wheel but I will say you MUST have a press to put the new ones on. You also will need a slide hammer to get the axle shafts and old seals out.

Hope that helps!

green1 told you where to get them. green bearing are bearings that don't need to be adjusted at all. You just bolt everything right up. never had to deal with a traditional set of bearings forthe rear end..but i've heard that they are a pain in the ***
Where did I ask to get them? I tried to answer a Question from a fellow member, And your guru young *** fires at me?

Where did I ask to get them? I tried to answer a Question from a fellow member, And your guru young *** fires at me?

Dude chill. What i,m reading is him telling the original poster you pointed out where to get them and then he went on to explain what they are. He just missed some punctuation.

Dude chill. What i,m reading is him telling the original poster you pointed out where to get them and then he went on to explain what they are. He just missed some punctuation.

I read it the same way. He was merely reemphasizing what green1 said.

-
Back