Torque specs

-

7duster4

Reaction score
Anyone know the torque specs of the rear end bolts for a 1974 8 1/4? Also I may use sealer for the cover instead of a gasket since it started linking after the gears were installed. It even lists in my chiltons that no gasket was used after 1972. Anyone have a recommendation for sealer? Do I need a specific kind?

Thanks!

Anyone know the torque specs of the rear end bolts for a 1974 8 1/4? Also I may use sealer for the cover instead of a gasket since it started linking after the gears were installed. It even lists in my chiltons that no gasket was used after 1972. Anyone have a recommendation for sealer? Do I need a specific kind?

Thanks!

You're going to have to be more specific about your rear end bolts. Do you mean crown gear bolts, carrier saddle bolts, or pinion gear retainer bolts. See what I mean.

Terry

You're going to have to be more specific about your rear end bolts. Do you mean crown gear bolts, carrier saddle bolts, or pinion gear retainer bolts. See what I mean.

Terry

sorry, I meant the bolts for the rear-end cover. I believe there are 10 of them.

-
Back