-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcolman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm swapping out my 3 speed auto for a Tremec TKX 5 speed. The parts have been ordered but it looks like I'm still a month or so away from having the car in the shop for the swap. In the meantime, I'd like to see if there is any interst in the 727 that's currently in my car now. I figured someone local might want it and want to see the transmission in action before it gets pulled. The transmission comes with new kick down linkage and all other accessories that go with a center console shifter. I might keep the console itself if I can get the Tremec shifter to mate up to the opening in the console. If not, I'll go with a boot and sell the console. I'm going to throw out a price of $800 for now. The car is in Raleigh NC and is drivable. The transmission works flawlessly and has an oversize Trick Flow pan. The front input shaft seal leaks a bit but that should be replaced anyway when doing a swap.

EDIT: This is for a 340 motor and includes the 2400 stall coverter.

torqueflight.jpg

Last edited:
Big block trans or small block? What converter does it have and is that included? What year 727?

Big block trans or small block? What converter does it have and is that included? What year 727?
Small block 340. 2400 stall is included. Don't know the year. I bought this car last May from a dealer who bought it from the guy who restored it.

There are numbers on the rail just above the pan that should start with PK. There is a series of I believe 7 numbers that is the part number and the next 4 digits will be the date code in the 10,000 day calendar. I am looking for a late 70 or early 71 727 for my 340. Those 4 numbers should be ranging from 3400-3850.

thanks Jim

There are numbers on the rail just above the pan that should start with PK. There is a series of I believe 7 numbers that is the part number and the next 4 digits will be the date code in the 10,000 day calendar. I am looking for a late 70 or early 71 727 for my 340. Those 4 numbers should be ranging from 3400-3850.

thanks Jim
I'll crawl under the car tomorrow and see if I can get a photo of the numbers

So I jacked up the car and crawled under, but still could not get a phone camera to the numbers. I'll try again next time the car is up on a lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back