Torqueflight blues...

-

396PLYMOUTH

My Little Mopar
Reaction score
Im driving to work this morning and everything is fine car is running great trans is shifting great then i get about 3 miles from work and I notice when I shift from 2nd to 3rd theres a delay. So I drive a littile more and there is more of a delay and finally it wont shift from 2nd to 3rd.... what gives ay ideas?

Well I know its been a while but i checked the fluid it is spot on! I talked to the guy that built it for me and he is blaming it on a shifter cable ( it's not the shifter cable ) so im up for suggestions on what it could be.

i had a 904 that worked great then one day backed out drivway and put it in gear and it slipped, i didnt chance it so i put it back in drivway and pulled it and tore it down and it was worn out, rear band ate into the drum and clutches were pretty worn, rebuilt it and worked great

Sounds like high gear gave it up.

I dont think I mentioned that I had this rebuilt in feb or march of this year and I have less than 500 miles on this thing! Someone I talked to said something about a seal going bad and that its a comon problem with a manual v-body and that I need a nickle seal to fix it?

hate to say this but i seen tranny builders rebuild a tranny and not replace internal seals and send them out the door with no problems but who knows when and if that seal will let go, pull the valve body and do a air test and see what it does

-
Back