Torsion bar problems

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
OK, I tried to Raise my Drivers side Torsion bar and it did raise, but then it lowered back down BY ITS SELF!?!?!??! WTH I have no clue what happen, also the Nut on the Pass. Side was lose...Are these bad signs?

Did the left side of the car come back down or did the bolt back itself off?

Is the bolt stripped?

the drivers side came back down.. and the pass side bolt was jsut loose so i tightened it back up but that side dident lower or anyhting with the bolt loose and weight on the tires

It usually takes about 4 revolutions of the bolt for about 1/4" change.

Make sure the adjusting bolt is in the pocket of the torsion bar adjusting arm.

74burntorange, if the bolt was that loose, and not even touching the adjuster I would think your car is sitting really low. I usually take wait off the suspesion before raising the car with the torsion bolts.
Sounds like somethibg could be wrong.

If you adjust the hight while on pavement sitting once you move or drive the car the ride hight will change due to the pavement binding the tire from free flow. I have a set of alignment plates i use to do this. after each adjustment bounce it out and drive it shortly. also a big help is to loosen slightly your lower control arm nut so you don't bind the bushing. that will help against wearing the bushing and give consistancy tighten the nut for lower arm after adjustment is complete. Alignment camber will also change after every adjustment of t bars. have the alignment checked.

-
Back