Torsion Bars Worn Out?

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
When accelerating from a stop, I hear this grumbling noise coming from the front of the car/firewall area.
Leaf springs in the rear are new (5 leafs), edelbrock shocks around, all bushings are new..only thing old on the car are the slant six torsion bars even though I have a v8 in there now.

Could this be the grumbling noise I hear? And no its not my stomach...:)

Maybe the motor shifting on acceleration and the exhaust coming in contact on that side? If so, I would imagine there would be some sort of paint rubbed off. Have you crawled under there and checked for something that looks rubbed?

Torsion bars don't wear out.

What you describe sounds like an exhaust component touching something, which can make quite a racket. Look around the exhaust on he drivers side, does it come really close to anything? How are your engine mounts? Try jacking up the engine and check clearances again.

do you hear the same sound on bumps? i am curious as this is similar to the prob i am having but mine is more evident when hitting any bump at any speed.

I would check motor mounts and exhaust, retighten all and check for rub spots or any wear on components

Sounds good all, I will double check.
Mounts are schumackers and the car is barely driven, yet the bolts could be loose...and the engine DOES move a lot when I rev it with the hood open.

Exhaust could be hitting the passenger transmission side, is all I can guess- If i accelerate really slowly it does not make the grumbling noise. It comes from the driver side though...maybe the battery tray area from what my ears can discern...I will update you all when I look closer

-
Back