torsion bars

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does anyone know somewhere I can get a good deal on .890 torsion bars. I've noticed the price seems to have jumped up to almost $300! Why did the price double for these bars? Where can I get a good deal on them?

Interesting, Checked Mancini where I got mine and they are $289 but the .870's are $149.

I found out whats going on with the price. I just talked with a gentleman at a speedshop. I guess the old vender chrysler used to have make there torsion bars stopped making them for whatever reason. And the new vendor that makes them is charging twice as much? So, as soon as the old bars are sold out, the price goes up.

the .87 torsion bars are $ 125 here, i bought mine from this place and had them in 7 days. they are the cheapest i found.

I'm putting a big block in my 66, so I don't know if the .87s would be the way to go for me. I am going to run aluminum heads/intake and headers though, so that may take the weight down a little. Do you think I can get away with the .87 bars in my application? I will be using CE shocks and it will be a street/strip car and ride qaulity won't matter to me that much so the stock /6 bars are out of the question. I just don't want to die driving it on the street. Any thoughts would be excellent!

Geesh, that's a ridiculous excuse for a price increase.

I don't think I'd put SB bars under a BB, but that's me. I've never done it, so I don't know what kind of effect it would have on the street.

-
Back