Torsion bars?

-

mmoose

Reaction score
Looking for some advice, going to change the bars in my Duster.
Car is a street car SB 4 speed and looks like they are originals.
Looking to stiffen up the ride but not to firm please
Where is the best place to by these??

I got my 0.940” bars from Firm Feel.

Well let me ring in yesterday i was finally able to take bb duster for its first test drive after installing my 1.140 inch torsion bars.I have standard factory style shocks. All be it me test drive was only 15 minuets i did try some very bumpy roads and did some quick handling moves hard turns and quick stops.The ride was very nice the torsion bars were a huge improvement od the factory v 8 torsion bars.I am very happy with what i have.

On this same token What is a complete Torsion Bar Solution?

Torsion Bars
Dust Cover
Clips

I put on one inch bars thinking they would make the car really "stiff". To my surprise it's not "stiff" like I had expected. I was thinking it would be somewhat of a harsh ride but it isn't at all. It just feels like a more modern, tighter ride.

PST's arrived today, a nice looking bar we will see in a few months how they ride and handle.

I put on one inch bars thinking they would make the car really "stiff". To my surprise it's not "stiff" like I had expected. I was thinking it would be somewhat of a harsh ride but it isn't at all. It just feels like a more modern, tighter ride.
Torsion bars, like all steel springs, "work harden" with use, similar to valve springs. Letting them rust doesn't help either. I suspect some of the after market suppliers use a higher grade of spring steel than the 40+ year-old oem's did. Better steel is more resiliant and doesn't work harden as fast. IE, newer springs with a higher rate, still ride better. Onward, ateam.:blob:

-
Back