Total Noobs

-

Train

Reaction score
Okay, so my boys inherited a couple cars. 72 and 75 Darts. They belonged to their uncle who had them for many years and just never had the time to fix them up, and he recently passed away.

So the first question. The youngest son recently bought an Olds as well. It was recommended on a forum to get an assembly manual, a service manual, and a Fisher body manual. The first two we were able to download and the last came in the mail yesterday. The question is, what are the equivalent books that we should have for the two Darts?

Okay, so my boys inherited a couple cars. 72 and 75 Darts. They belonged to their uncle who had them for many years and just never had the time to fix them up, and he recently passed away.

So the first question. The youngest son recently bought an Olds as well. It was recommended on a forum to get an assembly manual, a service manual, and a Fisher body manual. The first two we were able to download and the last came in the mail yesterday. The question is, what are the equivalent books that we should have for the two Darts?

i dont know about an olds but mopar service munuals have just about everything u need from how to rebuild trans,carb,engine, to wiring diagrams and the lot. should be all u need.

Yeah just go get a haynes or chiltons repair manual for the darts, you should be fine for that.

Welcome to FABO! A service manual is the best. Next up would be a Hayns/Chilton. They don't have as much info in them but are still nice to have around.

Okay then we'll probably order the service manuals from Faxon.

Next total noob question. Are the 72 and 75 unibodies?

they are all unibodies (A, B, C, E...) unless its a truck or pre 50 something i imagine

get a factory service manual. it has part numbers assembly and all. they are from chrysler and can be found on ebay regularly.

Welcome. Don't sweat the manuals too much. there's nothing on a Dart that can't be fixed with duct tape. That's the same way my dad taught me self-reliance... he gave me an old dart to drive!! Best life lesson ever!

Pics of them arriving home.

2010_0323DusterMItch0004.jpg

2010_0323DusterMItch0003.jpg

2010_0323DusterMItch0002.jpg

2010_0323DusterMItch0001.jpg

2010_0316DusterJustins0004.jpg

2010_0316DusterJustins0003.jpg

2010_0316DusterJustins0002.jpg

2010_0316DusterJustins0001.jpg

Train, sorry for my delay in welcoming you and your sons to the best Mopar site on the net! (Been swamped around here.) Rally rims and dual hood scoops ... and lots of learning to do. :-D Make yourselves at home and enjoy! You've got a bunch of new friends to help you along the way.

Welcome to FABO. I have not seen the assembly manuals around for the Mopars. I have them for both my Olds and Mustang. A lot of the same information is in the factory service manuals. I found reproductions available for my 71 Dart (really all models that year) from a place called Dragich Auto Literature. They were a local vendor, but I just noticed last night when I drove by the building that they used to have, it didn't look like they were there anymore. I recall that the two manual set cost around $80, but I got them quite a while ago. Try a search on Dragich to see if they are still around. L8r

Jim

You can find those service manuals in either reprint or used on ebay. Mine's a reprint and has been invaluable. I even bring it in the car, when/if I take to the mechanic (at his request).

Pete

welcome train those are some nice cars lots of potential in em, were here if you need something.

-
Back