Totally scored at the JY today

-

kujo

Reaction score
Found a 76 Charger SE that had a real nice set of buckets and big disc caliper adapters. Picked up the seats/tracks and the brackets for 80 bucks! Gonna make a trip back for the spindles and dust shields. Wasn't even looking for Mopar stuff. Wish I could get this lucky more often.

Found a 76 Charger SE that had a real nice set of buckets and big disc caliper adapters. Picked up the seats/tracks and the brackets for 80 bucks! Gonna make a trip back for the spindles and dust shields. Wasn't even looking for Mopar stuff. Wish I could get this lucky more often.

I don't even want to talk to you... Just kidding and good luck on the find.

i have a buddy out here with a farm (13 at last count) of 75-78 cordobas,chargers and magnums. they all have disc brakes and most have buckets and consoles.a sea of them. does anyone know if the disc brake spindles are interchangable with 73 and up A bodies? sorry dont mean to threadjack, just thought maybe someone would know..

i have a buddy out here with a farm (13 at last count) of 75-78 cordobas,chargers and magnums. they all have disc brakes and most have buckets and consoles.a sea of them. does anyone know if the disc brake spindles are interchangable with 73 and up A bodies? sorry dont mean to threadjack, just thought maybe someone would know..

I thought I remembered reading that the later b body spindles were taller like the fmj and that they were interchangeable. But, I'm having trouble finding info on it.

Yup, that article actually explains it pretty well. The taller spindles can actually be an improvement, depending on what you're looking for.

And if you want to part with those big 11 3/4" caliper brackets, shoot me a PM. :D
i have 9" drum brakes on the front. do you know if i can use my existing upper and lower control arms, with those spindles?

i have 9" drum brakes on the front. do you know if i can use my existing upper and lower control arms, with those spindles?

You can use your existing control arms with the later spindles, but it takes a little work.

The 9" drums use smaller upper and lower ball joints than the disk set up. You can buy adaptors to use the later spindles with the earlier UCAs, Cass (Dr. Diff) sells them here. If you don't want to run adaptors, you'll need the later '73-76 upper control arms with the larger ball joints.

I believe the lower control arms work, but you'll have to buy the '73-'76 style lower ball joint and bolt those up.

And if your buddy has cars with 11 3/4" disks, those will swap with the later spindles as easily as the 10.8" rotors will as long as you get the caliper brackets. Don't forget that you'll also need a master cylinder and combo valve that goes with it.

I noticed your 1971 Dart Swingers on your answer to a calipers question....where are you in Northern Cal. I'm over in Bishop and looking for a 1971 Dart Swinger. Can you send me any info you may have on them???? For Sale???
[email protected]
Thanks
Howard

-
Back