Tow hitch?

-

Furious65

C-body Guy
Reaction score
Anyone know where to pick up a hitch for a '70 Duster? I don't care if it is new or used. I would really prefer a Class II but even a Class I would get the job done. I just need to be able to pull a small 4x8 trailer to haul my dirt bikes around. I have only found a single Class I hitch but was hoping there were other options. Ebay has been no help.

Do a search of a few terms like "tow", "trailer hitch", etc. A few years back there were some plans posted for making a trailer hitch. I want to say the plans had come out of an owner's manual from back in the day.
C

They got to be out there,J.C.Whitney maybe?. I have one for a 70 dodge dart,stamped right on it, so they had to be making them for dusters too.

and I just threw one in the metal dumpster a month ago, of a 71 duster....go figure.

Anyone know where to pick up a hitch for a '70 Duster? I don't care if it is new or used. I would really prefer a Class II but even a Class I would get the job done. I just need to be able to pull a small 4x8 trailer to haul my dirt bikes around. I have only found a single Class I hitch but was hoping there were other options. Ebay has been no help.

Try putting this in the parts wanted section with the application in the title and you might get lucky.

Thanks gentlemen. JC Whitney is a no go. I'm not ready to buy yet so I will hold off on posting in the wanted section.

could ya post link? Cant find search feature wont work

Here ya go!

DartTrailerHitch.jpg

I ran mine through the bumper which is around connected along side the bumper brackets to the frame, just used longer bolts.You could do the same with 1/2" flat stock and run it down and under the bumper and up to the front to meet any hitch. Here's mine...
66016.jpg

This one here was just listed and ended with no bids. Seller still has other stuff for sale, might still have the hitch...

Attachments

• hitch.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 462
what type of dirtbikes you run ?
i got 2 KDXs in the garage, one of them has a KX front end on it, clarke oversized tank AND a MI license plate
nothing like riding to where your gonna ride :)

what type of dirtbikes you run ?
i got 2 KDXs in the garage, one of them has a KX front end on it, clarke oversized tank AND a MI license plate
nothing like riding to where your gonna ride :)

You're funny! :finga: I love my KDX!

IMG_4624.jpg

-
Back