Toy hauler for cars?

-

64physhy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a toy hauler that can haul my Duster. It looks like the Weekend Warrior FSC 3200 can haul it, but I want to hear from someone who's actually used a toy hauler for cars. I've considered a car hauler with living quarters, but I may be living in it during the week for the next couple years, so I'd like a little more comfort than most of the car haulers (at least the ones in my price range).
According to the info I've found, the FSC 3200 has a payload of about 4300 lbs, which is plenty for the Duster, but I can't find anything on how much the ramp can handle.
I'm not stuck on this particular model, but it's the one that pops up the most for sale that seems like would work. 5th wheel is definitely an option.

If it is anything like this picture it is a beauty.
a1warrior_fsccover.jpg

I got a 40 foot WW 5th wheel. Use it for the most part to go out to Glamis with but got it big enough to it the Dart or Duster.

Here is a link with some pic of the Dart in it. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=123130&page=3

Have only hauled the Dart i it one time so fa out to MATS and back.

I like the 5th wheels way better than the bumper pulls. They just track way better then them bumper pulls swaying and wiggling around back there.

I am gong to need to check/add some bracing in the ramp and floor where the wheels ride. They are made to hold bikes and light sand cars so extra bracing is needed when you got a 3000+LB car in there.

Another trouble spot with the WW, well the 40 foot like mine any way don't know abot the shorter ones is they did not put any bracing in the wheel wells for the walls. So they can sag over time. Just need to weld some bracing in there to support it is all.

Another thing is the tie downs are for light cargo so again if you are going to cram a 3K+ car in there HD tie downs should be instaled. I got 4 big ones that are tied in to the frame.

I have used my older FS30 for the Demon going to Vegas couple times. I have to pull in at a angle so the front fender will not hit the stove counter top. Works great for a couple times a year type deal. Wouldn't want to do it couple times a month just to much of a pain in the ***.

My 30' has 16' to the stove cabinet and the counter sticks out another 12" really only giving me 15' that why I have to pull the front end alongside that counter top, its close like an inch to spare.

The weekend warrior was the only toy hauler that had a rear door rated at 2500 pounds per axle when I bought mine in 2003 since then I have hauled Jeeps, Demon, and the Pantera in the there with no problems. The load is heavy probably overweight when full of water, food, & gear.

If it is anything like this picture it is a beauty.
a1warrior_fsccover.jpg

If I get one, it will be a used one. Looking at a couple in the 2003-2006 year range. Basically the same as the pictured one.

If I do get a puller, I will use the weight distributing hitch with sway control.

Don't know how true this is as it was told to me by a salesman. He claims that if you are going to be towing a triple axle trailer it should be done with a fifth wheel. He had some mumbo jumbo reason behind it but I just kind of tuned him out.....

Don't know how true this is as it was told to me by a salesman. He claims that if you are going to be towing a triple axle trailer it should be done with a fifth wheel. He had some mumbo jumbo reason behind it but I just kind of tuned him out.....

Must be a sales pitch. People do it all the time.

I plan on a fifth wheel race car hauler with living quarters plan is 24-28 foot living quarters with 20-21 foot garage this will be my retirement home full time. Toy haulers are nice but as a full time home my car will have to stay outside and i don't want to fold up/stow away the interior every time i want to move somewhere else.

Been trying to look at them, but can't see the pics, even after I registered. Is there a minimum post count to view pics in the classifieds?

Think you have to wait for a Mod to review and approve you. Make sure your not a spammer or some thing like that. Should not take to long.

Been trying to look at them, but can't see the pics, even after I registered. Is there a minimum post count to view pics in the classifieds?

That forum is the hardest forum I've ever tried to register on. It says I'm registered and have a user name, and I'm logged on, but won't let me post anything, see pics, or even PM the mods to find out WTF. I'm probably on about 10 different forums (not active on all of them) and never had this much trouble.

I am a member over there. Took a day or so to be approved then I could post. Not sure whats up with that. PM me your user name and I can try and PM a Mod for you and ask them whats up.

Well, after lots of research and looking around, I think I'm going to go with a Forest River Sierra Sport F38SP. It's dry weight is lighter and has more carrying capacity. It's going to end up costing more than I wanted to spend, but I think it's the right choice. I haven't found anything bad about the Forest River trailers, but have heard and read quite a few things about WW frames bending and breaking.
http://www.rvingplanet.com/brands/forest-river-rv/sierra-sport/toy-hauler-fifth-wheels/

Make sure your car will fit in what ever you get. Not only length ways but the width too and if it has wheel wells make sure the car is going to fit between them.

-
Back