-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Small Block

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Not sure what the application is for but here's some pics and the numbers are 6-2141. $50 plus shipping from 65775, West Plains, Mo.
Small Block

Attachments

• Misc. parts 096.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 449
  • Misc. parts 097.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 430
Look on the bottom/rear buy the bolt hole you will see a series of numbers, the part # on that t-quad should start with a #9

Here's what i found. See if these #'s mean anything. By the bolt hole on the side the numbers are B3 4963 S. Need anymore?
Small Block

That number doesn't correspond to anything on the chart.
In the end, what it came from is not as important as the size of the primarys (1 1/2" or 1 3/8"), and whether the secondaries are vacuum or linkage operated. The restoration types will understandably be more discriminating.

O.K. how about $40 plus shipping? PM me with any replys. Thanks. Did i mention it was in West Plains, Mo. 65775
Small Block

The carb number you list is not on record in the Hygrade carb kit book or in GTS parts book.Afb/avs and TQ carbs are measured by the primary and secondy bores,for the cfm.This might be off some other make,or its not the right number you listed.Double check,and post back,mrmopartech

It's real simple. If it's got small primiaries (1 3/8"), it's a 800. If it's got the bigger ones (1 1/2"), it's an 850.

Bill, did that number come from the driver's side baseplate corner at the back of the carburetor? It's probably a good number but it's just not listed. Being a 4000 series would put in the early 1970s. From lookin at it, judgin from the space between the primaries and secondaries, it's an 800. Yall need to remember, International, Ford and GM used the TQ as well as Mopar. All these numbers are not cataloged. when you go to buy a kit, the book will say somethin like 45XX-66XX takes this kit and so on. Because there are so many numbers, they've been combined and superceeded and conglomerated and discombobulated to death.

early 70's (not 71) 72-3 i think because of the emission bracket on the right front
(opposite the 49xx number)..71 did not have any emmision solinoids.
i've never known of an 800cfm stock TQ, .....the Comp series got there but
that was an Company ( Carter) aftermaret carb...for years the number
was 600something cfm...maybe the big blocks were more

Maybe contact Demonsizzler and see what he says...........
Daryl

All the lean burn TQs have a fuel solenoid in the rear of the upper body in the fuel passage. That one does not. As for the spark advance port, I don't see oone either, but they can come out pretty easily and get misplaced. Also, as far as I know, all of the lean burn carburetors were the 9000 series. That's a 4000 series, which means it is probably from the early 70s before the lean burn system. Also, Carter only advertised the TQ as 800, 850 , or 1000 CFM. There were no other sizes according to Carter. I have heard people call them 650 and this and that, but that's not correct. Another thing to keep in mind is that Carter measured airflow differently than any other carburetor maker. I don't know the details on that, but I do know it's true. This particular carburetor is an early 800 or 850, of that I am certain. I would not be afraid of it. If I was lookin for a TQ I would jump on it. Yall know Small Block don't bullshit around. Buy the damned thing.

you are correct, Carter advertised their AFTERMARKET carbs. (800/850-1000)
the OEM ones were not that high CFM rated

still well worth 40+shipping

mrbill, I get my info about the TQ here: http://thermoquads.com/ that's David's site. He is a member here. The way I read it, the only aftermarket versions were the Competition series in 69 and 70 and the superquads of the 80s (I have a 9801 Superquad myself), all the rest are listed as OE carbs and they were all rated at either 800 or 850 CFM. Maybe david will chime in with some info, but that's how I read his page and to date, I've not seen hard evidence otherwise. In fact, I have been building TQs myself better than 25 years and I've built some late model "undesireable" models that were still listed as 800 CFM models by their carburetor number. Chrysler however is one where I say "never say never". Cause soon as you do, you see the exception. You may well be right, but I've never seen anything in print other than 800, 850 and 1000 CFM ratings for the TQ.

we could rule out the 1000 cfm right off the bat it has the outer booster ring, to me the carb looks like a 800cfm with the smaller primary shaft. good carb for $40

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back