Track Outing Next Sunday - Guesstimations?

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
Going to the track next sunday with a local Crate Hemi Challenger, his friends Olds and my Car. I'll probably be the slowest of the bunch :screwy: Of course hoping to go a hair faster, anyone wanna take a shot at it? :read2:

Last Outing
Cooler Weather-

60' - 1.95
330' - 5.62
1/8 - 8.70
MPH - 79.60
1000' - 11.39
1/4 - 13.68
MPH - 97.33

-Changes-
*Tires were 29.5 (too tall in my opinion) slicks (will be running 28" tall, 275 series Drag Radials this time)
*Tune was way lean according to the school dyno (since richened up some, hoping atleast my MPH will pickup like it should)
*Straight 93octane (this car has always picked up with 100oct mix, which is availible at the track that i will run...~50/50)

*Build*
318 + .030
Stock port, milled, 2.02 J-heads
9.7:1 compression
performer rpm intake
650cfm Edelbrock Thunder AVS - Choke removed, larger accell pump nozzles, .107 primary jets (if i remember right), .114 secondary
14* initial timing, 36* total
MSD 6A box w/msd wires
headers, dumped open exhaust
.480 lift/280* duration hyd cam

904 trans, TF-2 shift kit
low planetary set
3500footbrake/3900rpm flash dynamic 9 1/2" converter

3.91 ring/pinion
suregrip

car weighs ~3550lb w/driver

Yes, the tires are a bit too tall for it. They are really holding it back-sorta like starting out in 2nd gear.

agreed, but they sure did look cool! lol. 28" should be better atleast

100_2357.JPG

Hey Mike, Good Timing! I just got my car back together. Are you going to Orlando Speed World?

Mike, are you still going to go? Weather forecast not looking so good... Let me know your thoughts.

Just talked to my friend, we've backed off going. He's gotta tinker with his car, i have some new tires to mount up and such (for the fronts). It looks like we'll be waiting a little bit unfortuneately. I'll be out of town from next thursday, to the friday after...so a little bit before i can head back out there.

orlando speedway? how do I get there from 95? look for me ,ill be the guy with the city yellow ford f-600 truck and the bad a.. 71 dart the 8th? thats what tuesday or wednesday? ,dang maybe maybe not did read rain into the middle of the week, yall ever go to moroso? lemme know when you do so we can chat,I want that cuda , nice car

yes orlando speedway, sorry cant tell ya how to get there. its 1/4 mile, i think lakeland? or something like that isnt all that far, but is 1/8th mile.

Thanks, not sure when ill get to go, hopefully not too long from now so its not too hot

-
Back