Tracking down coat hooks

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Anyone have a part number for BLACK coat hooks for my '74 Dart Sport? I have a number, but it's for beige. They are still available from my dealer, but I don't know about black ones, until I get him the correct number. Darn these computerized parts departments.
Thanks,
Jerry

Call around to all the local dealers. Find one that still has the old parts books. I live in the detroit area and have to go about 15 miles to Birmingham CP because they still have the books. They're more than willing to help look up parts too. Find a dealer that wants to service YOU! You can get parts catalogs on CD rom now too. Might be of help if you need more stuff. There's a lot of parts still available for our old cars at the dealership. Their prices are usually better than Year One on stuff thats still available.

Basically, that's my problem. All the local dealers (only a few here anyway) all went to the computer system and dumped their books. They can only go back to about 1980. Doesn't help with my '74 Dart Sport.

I do have a part number for beige coat hooks, and they are still available from the dealer. But, I was trying to find black ones. At another site, someone told me there is only the one part number, with a "PAR" notation (paint as required). If that's the case, I'll just use SEM black dye on my old ones. Seems like something that could possibly take as much abuse as coat hooks would be molded in solid black vinyl.

Thanks,
Jerry

i saw some on ebay for a charger...don't know if they are the same. I had done a search for "Mopar black" and they came up. Good luck

I Have the parts books and am at work now but PM me to jog my memory and I will get the number for you when I get home. I have some extra blue ones that may be the match for your vehicle, if you are interested!

I didnt see a part number for a specific color in the parts book. But all of the hooks for darts, demon, duster, and dart sport have the same number if that helps. :dontknow:

-
Back