traction aid devices ?'s

-

440abody

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my car to quit spinning at the track, and I am looking into a set of Cal-tracs or the Competion Engineering slide-a-links. So what are the pros/cons to each? Which work BEST with SS springs? And last (but I'm sure I'll have more questions) what are shocks work well with this type of set up? I currently have SS springs in the stock location with a C-body shock on the car now. Best e.t. of 8.21 with a 1.9 60ft, all in a 73 Swinger with a mild 440/727 with 3.55's and a 2800 stall, and Mickey Thompson E.T. Streets 235-60-15's. I know that more gear will help alot, and I have a set of 4:10's that should help the e.t. but I want to get the spinning under control first.

Neither!

It's roughly 1 tenthish slow on 60' times for the ET or a bit more. How does it MPH in the 1/8? Around 85ish or more?

What air pressure are you running out back. Are they radials? It's going to need about 20-24ish if radials is my guess. Bias around 14-18.

The front end makes a HUGE difference in how a car leaves. I'd bet there is a bunch of time tied up in the front suspension not moving freely.

Clamp the front of your leaf springs together witha couple flatbars. I have two on each side. Clamp them tight so they cant seperate.

Although I'm not making crazy power (maybe 400) mine dead hooks and I'm not using my snubber either.

ET Streets don't like a lot of air. Try 12 to 14 lbs. I've run them as low as 10 lbs. ET Streets should be a bias wrinkle wall and believe me with the right air pressure they will hook. Also, a set of weak shocks up front will help with torque transfer to the rear. Just some thoughts.

-
Back