Trailer hitch?

-
The truck is being demoted to just pulling stuff. The Cuda will be my daily driver when it gets a little cooler and I will have AC in it before it gets hot again. I don't drive it to work yet, but I drive it as much as I possibly can and I usually take it when I go mountainbiking. I just throw the bike inside. The problem is, the seats are the wrong color, but they are flawless. I don't want to tear up a good pair of seats.

I have a truck rack that plugs into a receiver hitch and it holds 3 bikes.
I had the idea of using some metal I have laying around and a piece of the correct size square tubing for the receiver hitch and using it for the Barracuda. I was looking for ideas or pics. Maybe something that was tucked up under there and hard to see?
I have yet to crawl under there and take a close look, but I will tonight when I wake up.

I thought a guy from Australia posted a pic once of towing something with an early "A".:-k

I will draw this out for you 340 Dart.
My 63 had one and I pulled my fishing boat with it and the 225 did good with the auto push button
You can just barley see it behind the chair

boat1.jpg

LIFE%20030.jpg

Here is the best I can do :-D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%20001.jpg

That is a really good idea Mike but the rack I have is square and has to plug into a receiver hitch. I just need to make a square hole to stick it in that will hold 100 lbs.

It looks like this.

bike carrier.jpg

340, This topic has come up a couple times lately so you might try the search function. I plan to do the same with my duster. One of the responses I remember was a stock hitch from a junkyard jeep that was a pretty decent bolt on.
C

Anybody ever put a trailer hitch on an early "A"?
Please see "Trailer Hitch" in Mopar General Discussion section dated 5/27/09.
$40.00 from junk yard, use it whenever the car runs!:cheers:
Make sure your frame rails are approx 36" apart & hit the yard, look on jeep cherokee...........

I measured my frame rails a minute ago and took a good look around. They are 36" apart and it need to drop down at least 2" to clear the spare tire well.

Looks like I need to go to the bone yard.

Thanks guys.

I measured my frame rails a minute ago and took a good look around. They are 36" apart and it need to drop down at least 2" to clear the spare tire well.

Looks like I need to go to the bone yard.

Thanks guys.

Move out 1 bolt hole and only use 3 on each side instead of 4. I have built an extension/riser to go into receiver before bike rack, out 1 foot and up 18"!
Good Luck..................See pics on other thread.

If any metal worker here is considering fabricating a batch of frame mounted tow setup for a 63-66 Valiant I'm in! I'll take two.

Anybody ever put a trailer hitch on an early "A"?

When I came back from Vietnam in 71 I bought a 65 Barracuda that a dealer had on the lot in Tampa Florida. It was a brand new special order that someone never picked up. Had only 1921 miles on it and was used by the owner to go back and forth to the dealership. 273 4 bbl, 4 speed!! It was ordered with a factory hitch installed. It was bolted into the bottom of the spare tire well and had arms that attached to the frame just in front of where the rear bumper mounted. Even had a MOPAR sticker on it. I actually pulled a u-haul trailer from Columbia, SC to Killeen TX when the Army transfered me. Never a problem...

Larry

I dont think I could do that to my spare tire well! I'd rather use whats in pics incase you want to haul utility trailer too!8)
I'll be haulin a load of steel to scrap yard next week!

dart 67 99.jpg

dart 67 55.jpg

hitch pics 67 013.jpg

hitch pics 67 012.jpg

hitch pics 67 011.jpg

-
Back