Trailer Tires Question

-

de69cuda

Reaction score
I've been working on the trailers that my sons High School Marching Band uses to get to their different Field Show Competitions. Some of the tires are looking really old, but are still holding air - but two are getting replaced on one of the trailers. It's a enclosed 6x10 trailer - so there isn't that much weight involved. Because these trailers are used less than a dozen times a year, should I look at getting tube tires or tubeless? With a tube tire, we would only have to replace the outside rubber as it cracks with age, but the innertube would still be good. Or should I just go with a tubeless radial tire? Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!

I don't see how a tube is going to help the out side of the tire any. One good thing to do is put some thing up to keep the sun from beating on the tires when it is not in use. Even if it is just some plywood.

I wouldn't run tubes in any tire unless I had too. I would just find some used tires that aren't dry rotted and keep them covered. Harbor freight was selling the covers cheap. I run radials on everything besides heavy equpiment trailers.

I recently replaced the crappy, belted tires my trailer came with. Put radials on it. The tires that were on it were more of a "v" shape. Trailer seems to hop around less when it is empty. Also with the same setting on the brake controller it no longer skids.....

-
Back