trailer VS car tire????

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
at the local used tire mart. we all know decent used 14 in tires are hard to find. they had some 14's, like 205-70-14, C rated, said on tire " for trailer used only". question is what is the difference in trailer vs car tire.???? i'd think sidewalls stronger on trailer tire??
here in the sticks we take the 10 ply 16's off the truck when they are woreout and then run them on the stock trailer till they blow! frugal huh!!????

there is a lot of info on that thanks for the reply.. still have to wonder how well the trailer ties will do on the car, front or back?? I might get a pair and try them, they would be good for a spare if nothing else. $20 ea , hard to find a decent used 14 or 15 nodays period....

I'm guessing your car would handle and ride like a trailer. Sounds like a bad idea to me. Extra stiff sidewalls, not rated for more than 65mph, and not designed to transfer power to the ground. Or be steered.

Not to mention, it's illegal and you could be cited. If you were involved in an accident it's quite likely that fault could be assigned to you regardless of the details of the accident, and your insurance company would have more than enough reason not to pay your claim.

-
Back