Train under the Christmas tree

-
i cant deside which one i like better the GG-1 in Pennsy hunter green or the GG-1 in Pennsy Crimson Red

That is a tough choice for sure.. if I were forced into choosing it would be the green... Love the gold stripes against the green

speaking of the green with gold stripes.. how about some centipedes?

Attachments

• PRR-BaldwinCentipedsWBAltoona1951.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 161
when i was a little girl i remember when the SD70MACs and the new AC lines were coming out .....i think that was mid to late 90s ....those were exciting to see. And i remember the "pumpkin" BNSF shcemes when they were new.

my cousin used to bring RailFan and Trains magazines to me .....i didnt live in the US at that time (nor did i know i would) so i only saw through magazines .....but i remember feeling excitment about the new stuff and how modern and new it looked then :cheers:

i saved a few of my favorite issues from then ....i couldnt save them all...i had to leave most of them behind bcoz they wont let you bring heavy stacks of magazines on an international flight when i moved here.

I have both of those issues packed away somewhere LOL .. and I remember the BNSF 'pumpkins' as well.. I have a framed picture of them that my father took... It got packed away serveral years ago when I sold my house..

i still see these about a mile from my house.

reminds me of good days long gone.

Attachments

• BNSF9875XL.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 141
do you know how many 'pumpkins' were done up? I always assumed it was just a few of them

i think its their standard colors

its the SD70MAC i dont see too often ...they are all SD80 or SD90mac mostly....mainly the 90s

while I am at it... I dont want to forget about the streamliner trains.. this was a pretty wild concept for the time.. and I always thought they were neat... Boston and Maine's Flying Yankee, and the Union Pacifics City of Denver and the City of Portland...

Attachments

• flying_yankee-19371.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Union_Pacific_City_of_Denver_1940.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Streamliner-M-10001_2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Streamliners1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 137
No love for the streamliners?? LOL

They are cool looking Bill but not my cup of tea. The streamliners that I do prefer would be like the Super Chief, El Capitan.

When my grandparents live in L.A.,my parents took the Broadway Limited to Chicago and then Santa Fe's "Super Chief". My oldest 2 brothers got to go on that ride....I wasn't even close to be in the oven yet.

They are cool looking Bill but not my cup of tea. The streamliners that I do prefer would be like the Super Chief, El Capitan.

When my grandparents live in L.A.,my parents took the Broadway Limited to Chicago and then Santa Fe's "Super Chief". My oldest 2 brothers got to go on that ride....I wasn't even close to be in the oven yet.

that wouldve been an awesome train ride!

-
Back