Tranny kits

-

ktcnn94

Reaction score
Anybody use or know anything about pro king rebuild kits. What’s the quality?

It looks like, according to there web site, they are a division of transtar transmission. Can't go wrong there.

I think someone posted recently there's only about 3 or 2 companies that make all this stuff and then a million that distribute it. My suggestion is always to try and find a place local in case you have to exchange some seals or something. These kits are all put together by humans so they can have mismatched parts or something easily and being able to walk down and go exchange them is a lot easier than mailing them back and forth

I think someone posted recently there's only about 3 or 2 companies that make all this stuff and then a million that distribute it. My suggestion is always to try and find a place local in case you have to exchange some seals or something. These kits are all put together by humans so they can have mismatched parts or something easily and being able to walk down and go exchange them is a lot easier than mailing them back and forth
Agree 100% with everything you said. That’s what I was thinking about people repacking stuff in there name as well. This kit is actually from advance auto. So if there’s a problem it should be easy to get corrected. Thank you.

Agree 100% with everything you said. That’s what I was thinking about people repacking stuff in there name as well. This kit is actually from advance auto. So if there’s a problem it should be easy to get corrected. Thank you.
Jpar mentioned about looking for a local supplier. If there is a Trans-Star outlet near you, I'd go to them instead of Advanced Auto. Nothing against Advanced Auto, but 2 things: first Advance Auto get these parts from Trans-Star and if the kit is short something, they have to go to their supplier to get it and secondly the counter person may or may not know very much about automatic transmissions. For example on a 727, Chrysler put in 3-5 High reverse frictions and 3-5 forward frictions in the transmission, depending on application. So the kit you've got is missing 1 forward friction. You go back to Advance Auto, tell them you're missing a forward friction and I'll bet the friction the clerk orders for you is the front friction. Going directly to a Trans-Star outlet, if you can, puts you in touch with people that work in the transmission industry.
JMHO

Jpar mentioned about looking for a local supplier. If there is a Trans-Star outlet near you, I'd go to them instead of Advanced Auto. Nothing against Advanced Auto, but 2 things: first Advance Auto get these parts from Trans-Star and if the kit is short something, they have to go to their supplier to get it and secondly the counter person may or may not know very much about automatic transmissions. For example on a 727, Chrysler put in 3-5 High reverse frictions and 3-5 forward frictions in the transmission, depending on application. So the kit you've got is missing 1 forward friction. You go back to Advance Auto, tell them you're missing a forward friction and I'll bet the friction the clerk orders for you is the front friction. Going directly to a Trans-Star outlet, if you can, puts you in touch with people that work in the transmission industry.
JMHO
That makes sense. I’ll do some checking. Our options around here are limited. Thank you for the help.

-
Back