tranny rbt ?s 904

-

volare360rt

Reaction score
hey guys
I am gonna soon be overhauling a 904 for my barracuda

a few years ago I picked up a "power pachage shift/rebuild kit" from Mancini Racing-
I have a few books,decent parts ect
I know to take my time,lots of pics,follow instructions,procedures ect
I dont think I wont have a problem doing the job

anyways
this is my first attempt at fully doing a transmission,I have been inside them before,shift kits and stuff,but to accually rbt one...
I have heard stories and stuff about screwups,something I want to avoid :)
there is ALOT of parts and is easy to mess something up

any helpful tips,hints suggestions?
any sites with more info,ect
before I do the job I may as well pick ppls brains who have done the job before

also
what fluid to use?
synthetics?
royal purple?
ect

strickly street car-maybe a few trips down the track
360(right now about 300hp-maybe 350at the most in the future)
2600-2800ish stall-supposed to be in that neighborhood with that motor
410 suregrip

cuda.jpg

No real special tricks to doing a torqueflite. In my opinion there the easiest trans. to do. Just make sure you air pressure test all components while doing the rebuild so you know everything will work right when assembled. If you don't already have it try to get this book

http://cgi.ebay.com/Torqueflite-A-7...M?hash=item35a2ea7582&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

It is written for 727's but there is very little differences in them. It's the best book I've ran across. If you already have a factory serv. manual that'll do good too.

EDIT: I have always used good old Dexron and it works fine for me. I'm sure synthetic would most likely be better but unless your racing I don't think I'd worry about switching to it. JMO

thanks Fishy
I have a few good books-older ones from the good old days :)
I have read through them a few times and I do feel confident that I wont have a problem
but I just want ppls opinions and suggestions-may as well ask ppl who have done it before for tips

I am still a few weeks away from starting it-have a few projects that needs to be finished first

as for type of fluid
I want ppls opinion
I used to use typeF but since I am putting the work into this one I dont think I will
synthetic is one of my first thoughts
but now comes to ppls choice

-
Back