Tranny Recommendations for 600 HP

-
You don't know if that persons block was modified and filled...

gm and ford and many import blocks have issues and failures, seen them break, no one is running around saying theyre junk.

No one is saying the sb after 600 hp is junk, they're saying it's not optimal and other things need to be done to make it better, There is a difference with that they're saying for that level things need to be done and you would be better using a better block.

Again, several hundred passes isn't all that bad, street driving isn't a issue if you got it to make 1900 the block isn't going to see the power level on the street, that is the issue youre missing....
If i tell you not to exceed 9500 rpms with a shaft, that means not to go beyond 9500, but if you do a few times and only for a second and get right out of it... would you do it for a extended amount of time now and think i told you that for no real reason ? or do you think i would have been telling you that because i want to limit you ?

I have a factory block that is seeing more than 600, still not using that in anything else other than it's short few seconds of use, im not building that motor for a boat or any speedway use, no flying mile runs or 5 miles runs and expecting it to live, but for the short use on the 1/4 and the street it'll live.

Would you build one for my boat with a guarantee like mercury ?

You don't know if that persons block was modified and filled...

gm and ford and many import blocks have issues and failures, seen them break, no one is running around saying theyre junk.

No one is saying the sb after 600 hp is junk, they're saying it's not optimal and other things need to be done to make it better, There is a difference with that they're saying for that level things need to be done and you would be better using a better block.

Again, several hundred passes isn't all that bad, street driving isn't a issue if you got it to make 1900 the block isn't going to see the power level on the street, that is the issue youre missing....
If i tell you not to exceed 9500 rpms with a shaft, that means not to go beyond 9500, but if you do a few times and only for a second and get right out of it... would you do it for a extended amount of time now and think i told you that for no real reason ? or do you think i would have been telling you that because i want to limit you ?

I have a factory block that is seeing more than 600, still not using that in anything else other than it's short few seconds of use, im not building that motor for a boat or any speedway use, no flying mile runs or 5 miles runs and expecting it to live, but for the short use on the 1/4 and the street it'll live.

Would you build one for my boat with a guarantee like mercury ?

Um Uh YES I DO!!...... He is a member here and a Personal Friend of mine. The block was not filled. Stock Crank, Heavy TRW Pistons too. :burnout:

People have been breaking the "rules" for decades. That's all part of hot roddin.

I doubt it was filled considering it was street driven....

We fill blocks all the time for street use, plenty of gm blocks here filled, they do not have to be filled to the top to add in strength issues, filled correctly which can be partially filled adds to the strength and still fine on the street.

Um Uh YES I DO!!...... He is a member here and a Personal Friend of mine. The block was not filled. Stock Crank, Heavy TRW Pistons too. :burnout:
So would you build one for a boat with a guarantee like mercury does with there 900's, 1000's and 1100's ?

People have been breaking the "rules" for decades. That's all part of hot roddin.

You're right RRR, but there is a difference between 600hp and 900hp hammering a block for 8, 9 and 10 seconds then it is having it do it all day.

I do it, and im still doing it, but im not putting that motor in a speedway car or boat and seeing if it can do it longer than a minute.

I also think the north of 600hp rule is being overlooked and misunderstood, no one said it can't, it can, living and under the use of here is a 600hp motor have fun... That's the difference

We fill blocks all the time for street use, plenty of gm blocks here filled, they do not have to be filled to the top to add in strength issues, filled correctly which can be partially filled adds to the strength and still fine on the street.

So would you build one for a boat with a guarantee like mercury does with there 900's, 1000's and 1100's ?
True. My "junk" magnum block is half filled and stays plenty cool with the right radiator and enough fan to cool it.

My 904 lives behind 524/527 and has been back and forth across Canada , will be doing it again and thats with a stock valve body , but all the good parts elsewhere including a billet steel front drum and I drive it like I stole it everywhere I go , in fact I was talking to another member about putting a manual valve body in it because I end up driving it in 2nd everywhere around town because the the speed limits keep the revs to low in 3rd.

You're right RRR, but there is a difference between 600hp and 900hp hammering a block for 8, 9 and 10 seconds then it is having it do it all day.

I do it, and im still doing it, but im not putting that motor in a speedway car or boat and seeing if it can do it longer than a minute.

I also think the north of 600hp rule is being overlooked and misunderstood, no one said it can't, it can, living and under the use of here is a 600hp motor have fun... That's the difference

Oh I agree with you 100%. You'll get no argument from me.

-
Back