Tranny Temp Gauge Inquiry

-

MoparDaddy

Damn Right I Carry!
Reaction score
Its been quite some time since Ive purchased gauges last. Just wanted to get a couple reviews on the Stewart Warner 122281 Trans Temp Gauge. Its pretty easy to see and read and its prety easy on the pocket book for a daily driver Ramcharger. This is the Rig that will tow my 17' flat bed when i get the floor put on it. Its primarily a scrap trailer, but i want to know that i can keep tabs on the temp for the heavier loads. I havent used a SW brand gauge in ages. So Im not sure if they are still worth a fart or not.

Input on other inexpensive trans temp gauge brands welcome. Really haven't been able justify $60-100 for a gauge on a daily rig that doesn't see trailer use, but once in a blue moon. Maybe thats silly. I dont know.Thats why Im asking people more knowledgeable in this dept. than myself. lol

Thanks bad. It says the sending unit is included. I will call them directly to place an order So i can ask all necessary questions. That b&m Is a pretty good looking gauge

Thanks bad. It says the sending unit is included. I will call them directly to place an order So i can ask all necessary questions. That b&m Is a pretty good looking gauge

Yes, the sending unit is included, but you need fittings to tap into the trans line, like what you see in the B&M link. Also the correct fitting to install the sending unit.

Those can be had probably at a good local hardware or parts store. All brass fittings, they just basic compression unions.

Summit's CS is pretty good most of the time, just don't settle until you're comfortable with it. I wanted something one time, and I made them actually get the part "in their hand" so they could answer my question.

Ah ok. I understand your meaning now. I have my doubts that a $20 gauge is including all that. Maybe someone will chime in with a review on it that can confirm between now and monday.

-
Back