TRANS COOLERS, which one?

-

B'cuda

Reaction score
I only use a trans cooler, bypassed the radiator. Mine needs replacing and was wondering what you guys are using and where you put yours. I'm running a 340/727/323s in a 69 cuda. Thanks in advance

I'm using a derale on my Cuda cooling the silver sport tranny. Has the electric fan package and was only 50 bucks or so. Keeps the tranny at 190F.

Created a bracket to hold onto the rad support on top and then one totnhe vertical support that my horns are on. Looks ok.

IMG_7275.JPG

IMG_7276.JPG

i thought they were used in rad.to heat the fluid,not cool it,or am i thinking backwards

Yes to heat it up during cold months. But I don't drive mine in those conditions. My rad and motor run at 190 and the tranny was hitting 210 before I knew it. So a cooler for me and I bypassed the radiator. You could still plumb to the rad first then to the cooler of you wanna.

Used a B&M Plate style. Don’t know why I don’t have a final installation picture but here’s the top of it mounted to the passenger side of the radiator. The bottom is mounted to the radiator support with nut plates and bolts.

AE85FE56-8885-4E5F-9E9F-B1D644E8DC9A.jpg

So.. a year later I installed my Derale plate and fin remote cooler w/ fan. I mounted it in front of the radiator on the core support and spaced it so I could attach the other side to the hood latch support. Drivers side. That made a nice gap between it and the radiator. I'm gonna paint the brackets black so they don't show through the grille. I bought a kit that came with all the fittings, thermostat, hose etc. Hope this helps sombody else.
Thanks for the input FABO.!

20191012_000808.jpg

20191012_000723.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back