Trans help for a friend needed

-
One thing to keep in mind is if the accumulator circuit has been modified it is easily reversed. All you have to do is drop the valve body, take out the blocker rod and install a spring between the valve body and accumulator piston. As previously mentioned the spring could also be broken in which case the repair procedure will be basically the same. If you find that you need a spring let me know. I have some extra's I don't need and you can have one for the cost of shipping

To me it seems the only recourse is to drop the pan and inspect all the things mentioned earlier in addition to the line pressure adjustment because someone may have cranked it way up. I scanned a page from the fact serv manual that shows how to check the adjustment of the line pressure and attached it. You'll notice the top picture shows the alignment of the line pressure spring retainer. The pic at bottom shows the actual adjustment

Attachments

• Torqueflite line pressure adjustment.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 72
One thing to keep in mind is if the accumulator circuit has been modified it is easily reversed. All you have to do is drop the valve body, take out the blocker rod and install a spring between the valve body and accumulator piston. As previously mentioned the spring could also be broken in which case the repair procedure will be basically the same. If you find that you need a spring let me know. I have some extra's I don't need and you can have one for the cost of shipping

To me it seems the only recourse is to drop the pan and inspect all the things mentioned earlier in addition to the line pressure adjustment because someone may have cranked it way up. I scanned a page from the fact serv manual that shows how to check the adjustment of the line pressure and attached it. You'll notice the top picture shows the alignment of the line pressure spring retainer. The pic at bottom shows the actual adjustment
Well thanks a bunch . . . . I'll let the weather stabilize a few more weeks and tackle it, hope to make some progress. I appreciate the offer on the spring, I may be taking you up on that. I'll keep this thread updated so you guys can keep me from destroying anything. Thanks my friend :)

-
Back