trans linkage differences

-

csx452

Reaction score
Just wondering what the difference is between the /6 904 trans linkage and the smallblock 904? Are there any differences between the floor shift smallblock 904 and the column shift 904? I know the linkage has to be different, but I'm talking about the trans itself.
Thanks,
Frank

.............The V8 trans is usually built tougher......the tail shaft housing needs to have the mounting tab with 2 holes in it to be able to mount adaptor for the through linkage........kim.....

Thanks Kim. I have a very well built 904 from my floor shift 68 Dart. I was planning on putting it in my column shift 72 Dart. Just not sure what I may need to do linkagewise to get it to work.

I have the column shift linkage if you need it for the 72 PM me

The slant 6 904 column auto linkage is the same as a 318 904 column shift linkage but 340-360 are different. Column shift automatic and console shift linkages are different and do not interchange except some of the parts for the 70 column Key release lock-out system

i have the throttle linkage and kick down links out of a 74 318 904 if you can use it ...40 plus shipping out of antioch cal..j

Thanks highflyer but I needed the one for a 360. I bought from Moparparts.
Frank

The slant 6 904 column auto linkage is the same as a 318 904 column shift linkage but 340-360 are different. Column shift automatic and console shift linkages are different and do not interchange except some of the parts for the 70 column Key release lock-out system
Thanks for the linkage Don. It was a pleasure doing business with you.
Frank

-
Back