trans mount shim

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
I need to make a shim for the rear mount on my 904 trans, does any body know what the dimensions of the holes are as to how far apart they are.
Im at work and cant get to my car cuz its at home. I want to make it today but not sure on holes.

Thanks, Bob

I am raising up the rear of the trans a little so my idler arm does not hit my headers.

Bob

ahh , i see.i just went and measured my 904 mount. the mounting pad is 4" by 2 1/2" you could probably go to 3" if you wanted to, and the bolts are 2 3/4 apart, center to center. just make sure you drill the holes big enough for a little give or take.hope this helps.

Hey 73Abodee,

Those dimensions you gave me were right on the money,my spacer plate worked perect and did the trick. the idler arm now has a good 1/4 inch clearance.

thanks again, Bob

Attachments

• Photo493.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Photo494.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 164
:thumbup: perfect ! im glad it worked, i will have to remember to shim mine if i ever run into that problem.glad i could help!

i seriously doubt 1/4 of an inch is going to make any difference. i ran a jeep cherokee with a 6 inch lift, without a transfer case drop and without pinion angle shims for 60,000 miles before i sold it, with no issues or vibrations what-so-ever.

It was rubbing on the top side of the idler arm so that means I would have had to bend the tabs down,I tried doing that but could not get the hole to line up without re-drilling and did not want to enlarge the hole. Raising the trans a little
did not change the angle enough to hurt anything.

Bob

Enlarge the hole; the idler, woith the bolt, is in compression. And if it is tight, won't affect the toe in at all.

-
Back