trans pan

-

7duster4

Reaction score
Will a 727 pan fit a 904 transmission. I know they are basically the same, except the 727 being a little larger. I ask becasue my pan has been leaking fluid. The transmission has been rebuilt and still leaks, at first we thought it was coming from the dipstick but its dry. It has been seeping out of the pan and it has a new gasket and filter. So I think maybe I need a new pan.

Also there seems to be a little slipping taking place. When ever the car shifts into second, it will experience a little bit of slipping, but not all the time. Is it just the linkage or throttle pressure that needs adjusting? It only does it for a second. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

A 727 pan will not fit on a 904, they are different styles. Just rebuilt..what was done? sometimes it's hard to locate a leak. It may not be your pan or gasket. Try to wipe around the gasket area "and" above the gasket lip area. Sometimes fluid will leak out from your "shifter and kickdown" seal and run back and down giving you the impression it's the gasket or pan. Feel around the upper lip with you fingers and see if there's fluid sitting anywhere above the gasket area first. For the sluggish shift...I'm not too sure. I think it depends on what you had done for the rebuild. These babies are getting pretty old now, and a stock trans has some slip or "overlap". As you stated, it could also be that your kickdown is out of wack a tad or your band adjusting bolt is not correctly set, but due to it being only sometimes, I'm not sure. You could have a little dirt in a valve or check ball. :scratch:

If you want a nice snappy harder shift through gears..go Trango TF-2 shift kit.

My 2cents if it helps

-
Back