Trans star epoxy primer

-
I have used it on sandblasted and sanded rusty metal. It sprays easily and dries quickly. I scuffed it the next day and did my bodywork over it without grinding it off. Seems to be holding out good so far but it hasn't been on too long. I plan to use more of it on another project.
Dallas

Ive used a number of Trans Star products including primers and clear. Always excellent.

Haven't ever used any of their epoxy primers, but I wouldn't touch any of their clears with a ten foot pole. I've seen a lot of guys use their clears, and nothing but problems. Just my opinion.

Ive used a number of Trans Star products including primers and clear. Always excellent.

I use their DTM primer, the sealers that are comparable to Dupont's Valueshade, and their clear all the time. I try other brands occasionally but keep going back to Trans Star.
I know you can buy products that are considerably more expensive and more 'high end' but for everyday use I haven't had any problems with their products.
Here's a pic of a Charger I painted using one of Trans Star's clears.
Dallas

Attachments

• '68 Charger-2 (Small).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 199
I sprayed it at work on a charger and it actually came out with some grit in it, it ended up being in the primer itself, that was the only time I'd used it. We ended up getting it resolved, it was a bad batch but just something to keep in mind. We have yet to spray the new stuff but hey stuff happens Im sure its fine, since we use ALOT of transtar stuff w/o problems, I would recommend there clear. Its what we use at the shop w/o issues, I know my boss/the painter says he would trust this stuff hands down to dupont, its cheaper and he has had little to no issues with transtar vs dupont, plus if you ever have a problem dupont isnt willing to do much just, oh well tough luck, where transtar will back up there product and make it right.

My daytona was cleared with transtar 7021
DSCF0050-2.jpg

I will say this though, from my experience there clear doesnt lay as flat as some of the high end dupont or ppg stuff, but hey most cars you wet sand and buff anyways so its not an issue. We sprayed a bumper with mid level dupont, it layed nice but 2-3 days later we noticed it already had somewhat fadded, some of the gloss was gone, would a typical person notice this probably not but we did.

Good luck

-
Back