trans temp sensor

-

DDayton71

Reaction score
I need some help.I'm putting a trans temp gauge in my car.i am just going to put in the cooler line from what i have read it needs to go in the line that the fluid flows in the cooler(HOT side) but i don't know what line is hot or cold.just need to know witch way the fluid flows to cooler Its a 727 with a after market cooler.

The fluid comes out of the fitting that is near the front of the trans nad goes back into the rear fitting. You can put it where you want, but myself, I would like to know what the temp is in the pan that the trans is going to use.

I put mine in the back of the tranny. Removed one of the pressure check
pipe plugs ans screwed in the sensor. 1/8 pipe thread I think.

Works great...no muss no fuss

No,do not put a sensor there.That is the reverse test port.The hottest transmission fluid is coming out of the front cooler line going to the radiator.You can buy a inline cooler line block for a sensor to screw into.An electric gauge would be best,it would be easier than that large mechanical sensor.

No,do not put a sensor there.That is the reverse test port.The hottest transmission fluid is coming out of the front cooler line going to the radiator.You can buy a inline cooler line block for a sensor to screw into.An electric gauge would be best,it would be easier than that large mechanical sensor.

So do can you post a link to this part?? Does it look like a Fuel Gauge Port that goes on the fuel rail?

Are you saying you want your sensor in the hot line, why? I prefer to know what the temp is from the returned fluid to know that my cooler is working effectively.

Are you saying you want your sensor in the hot line, why? I prefer to know what the temp is from the returned fluid to know that my cooler is working effectively.

I want to know operating temperature so out of the trans would be the spot for that not the return? Maybe I will just drill and tap the new Aluminum pan when it gets here and be done with it.

I would like to know operating temp of the transmission and the hottest temp reading you will get is out the front cooler line,auto meter #2286 or 2287 from summit is what i was thinking for a adapter depending on your cooler line size.

If you use the port show the transmission is capable of making 300 psi in reverse when cold,and most temp sensor will not take that kind of pressure long.The cooler line runs from 15-30 psi.

I would like to know operating temp of the transmission and the hottest temp reading you will get is out the front cooler line,auto meter #2286 or 2287 from summit is what i was thinking for a adapter depending on your cooler line size.

If you use the port show the transmission is capable of making 300 psi in reverse when cold,and most temp sensor will not take that kind of pressure long.The cooler line runs from 15-30 psi.

I get the Idea now, Thanks! That part is wicked expensive. I'll probably buy this one here. It will work better for my arrangement and it is less than 1/2 the $$. Plus I Hate Blue-Red or any other color fittings........I have the black an fittings to make this one work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Russell-Bil...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae560a09a#ht_1479wt_859

I have seen them cheaper,and i have seen them make from many different things,any thing with a tee brass fitting but you don't want any restrictions.:wink:

-
Back