transgo shift kit install

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if I should try to install the tf 2 trans go shift kit myself or leave it to someone else. I am mechanically inclined and have built a few engines. Are there any special tools needed. Thanks

If you have built motors successfully you will have no issue installing this kit.

Good choice!

Simple as can be. Hardest part is getting trans fluid in your hair.

I installed mine myself, and never opened a trans up prior. Still running strong.

I've installed a bunch nothing to it. If you have any problems give me a holler. I'm pretty close, I'll be installing another one tomorrow if everything goes good.

Just follow the directions carefully and BE CAREFULL when you are grinding and or drilling.

Most people get into trouble by drilling out the passage in the VB too much or grinding the throttle valve to much. Take your time and measure twice when doing these operations and you will be fine.

Also, drill the separator plate just as described in the directions. Don't make the holes any bigger than in the directions. Some people like to think a larger hole will make it shift faster/harder and all it does is goof up the shift timing.

Just follow the directions carefully and BE CAREFULL when you are grinding and or drilling.

Most people get into trouble by drilling out the passage in the VB too much or grinding the throttle valve to much. Take your time and measure twice when doing these operations and you will be fine.

Also, drill the separator plate just as described in the directions. Don't make the holes any bigger than in the directions. Some people like to think a larger hole will make it shift faster/harder and all it does is goof up the shift timing.

I just did my first one. It's not hard by any means but the instructions are pretty goofy.

Mostly it's drill a couple holes in the plate as needed, file a notch in a spot and install the new valve assembly and springs.

I just did my first one. It's not hard by any means but the instructions are pretty goofy.

Mostly it's drill a couple holes in the plate as needed, file a notch in a spot and install the new valve assembly and springs.

Their instructions could use some work for sure. Your summation is dead on

-
Back