Transgo TF2 mods

-

fnaramore

POWEEERRRRRR
Reaction score
Hey guys! Haven't been on in a bit but hope this thread finds you'll are doing well! Anyways, got a TF-2 coming my way and was curious if anyone had any suggested and trusted modifications. The big one seems to be don't grind down the tv valve, wanted to know if there are any other popular ones. Its going in a 73 904.

Yeah, apparently it makes it so you can fine tune down your kickdown. I don't think its a big deal if you did

Yeah, apparently it makes it so you can fine tune down your kickdown. I don't think its a big deal if you did

you fine tune the kickdown with the kickdown rod adjustment...

Fishy will jump in and help out, tony is awesome with these as well.

I realize that, it makes it easier to kickdown at higher speeds is what iv been told. Apparently if you grind it, kicking down at high speeds becomes a pain even with the rod fully adjusted

Agreed on not grinding down the TV. Some work ok but I've had a few that wouldn't kick down good when I ground the valve down so I stopped doing that a while back. Other than that there really isn't any other tricks. Do what the kit says and you'll have a great working trans, provided it's in good shape now.

Well damn, I wish I'd have known, I ground both of mine down. Of course, the trans wasn't working much so I have no idea if mine will have the finicky kickdown or not, at least for a few more weeks!

Both meaning the one in each of my VBs, I don't have a VB with two TVs, hah!

Yeah, x2 on not grinding that valve, didn't help my last incarnation out any. If after your done and have driven it a round a while, and you just gotta take some off only take off the bevel. 11/32" left.

I was just wondering because my brother modded a 904 with the TF-2 kit and I recall something about grinding down pieces parts...I don't recall if he actually did or not, though. I'll have to keep this thread in mind if he runs into any issues. Good thing he has a spare 904...

I was just wondering because my brother modded a 904 with the TF-2 kit and I recall something about grinding down pieces parts...I don't recall if he actually did or not, though. I'll have to keep this thread in mind if he runs into any issues. Good thing he has a spare 904...

The only issue is what I mentioned that some don't kick down into passing gear good if you grind it down. Some work ok. It all depends on the combo of everything else. To me it's easier not to grind it down and if needed just back off the throttle pressure linkage as needed to get it to shift where I want it. The shift command mod that's optional involves grinding down the governor valve. Never had a problem with that.

-
Back