transinstien/cross breed

-

bama-a-body

Reaction score
the question i have is this .... i got a 360 motor and torqconverter and i use a trans that was prev. on a 318 as long as i use the 360 torqconverter? and will all nonlockup interchange

thx to all the great answers maybe she'll run soon

What trans was the 360 bolted to 904 or 727 ?
I don't believe T/Q's will work between the two .

i have 727 torqflights ( man i love callin then TORQFLIGHTS) sounds so cool ....anyway i want to take a 360 motor and torq. out of a 4x4 and install in my abody and besides pan and pickup (oil) i am hoping that a 318 trans will work with my torq. so it would just bolt up, man i gotta quit breaking stuff lol

cudadude and moper i thank u both greatly for any info as i have'nt been here long and just currently lost my job and am trying to put her back together on a broke budget. her = a 1973 dodge dart swinger /6

Ok Yeah if they're both the same (727's) I'd imagine there'd be no problem .
Hopefully someone else will chime in I'm by no means an expert.
I'd just check to make sure the T/C engages fully into the splines in the trans your going to use. Before you go and bolt everything up!
I feel for you Man about the job thing .
Still working but only a couple days a week @ this point .
On the bright side we got more time to play with our Mopars !
Best of luck to you !

how much do it cost to become a golden boy member lol my wife will kill me lol not really but maybe !!!!

so its a non lock up what are u going about the tailshaft

well i want to use a t/f that was behind a 318 with my 360 torqconverter if thats possible

i am not 100% sur but i think u have to change the out put shaft from the truck to car

basically what i'm scared of is stall speed of torqconverters
and if the cogs will match in the pump area of the 318 car torqflight

you talking tail shaft or input shaft............. i
am not using the truck trans just the motor flex plate and hopefully the torqconverter behind a 727 that was bolted to a 318 non lockup trans

you talking tail shaft or input shaft............. i
am not using the truck trans just the motor flex plate and hopefully the torqconverter behind a 727 that was bolted to a 318 non lockup trans
ok i see now

you think it will mate up and hold up to about 450 hp ????
will my stall speeds change??????
does anyone know how much of the tall motor mount has to be cut off to do this install cae was prev. a /six body

-
Back