Transition molding for '68 Dart 'vert needed

-

a990

Reaction score
Looking for the driver's side transition molding for my wife's '68 Dart convertible. Have checked Layson's, Stephens Performance, etc.. Anyone know of one, new or used? Attached are pics of the passenger side molding that I'm referring to vs. driver's which I need. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 100_4116.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_4238.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 293
I just purchased a set from Layson's. A bit pricey but good quality and fit. Had to file a bit on back to fit into moulding. I could not locate good used ones anywhere. Bite the bullet and order them.

Thanks a lot, I just contacted Layson's and they DID indeed have them on the shelf! Got a set ordered. Your reply is greatly appreciated!!

Can you tell me how this piece is attached to the car? I was told these like to break and want to know it comes off so I don't mess it up. Thanks

looking at the picture-- the bigger side slides into the trim that goes around the back, the smaller end or tab, has a small screw holding it place & invariably that small tab portion breaks.. Lawrence

The forward piece (the thin end) is held to the body with a screw and the trim the goes under the quarter window slides on. These break because people try to start the removal from the rear.

First remove the thin trim pieces by the quarter windows. Then remove the small screws in the transition mouldings.

last I knew davescuda had a vert he was parting out. I have sold and bought parts from Dave, great guy to deal with.
Jim

I installed the new set over the weekend, fit like a glove and look like OE. Thanks for the reply to this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have known about Layson's! Been looking for 3 years.

Here's the installed product, very nice and I'm well pleased with the quality.

Attachments

• 100_4167.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 100_4166.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 224
Hi
I have two 69 dart rag tops. One has this type of trim the other does not.
I would like to put them on the car without, but I require the 1/4 and door mouldings that run along the top and mate to this moulding. I have seen hard top ones and it looks like the 1/4 moulding is a little longer but could be trimed.
Anyone out there with a set (upper door and 1/4 mouldings?
These look great on the cars!

I might still have the set that I bought that my son didn't want to use, but I need to look in all the parts (I'm not real sure where they are) and compare them to my GTS...

Jim
Were you addressing my post regarding the mouldings?
If so, please do look around for the 1/4 and door trim that joins up with these as I would like to have them on my car! PM me should you find them :)

Jim
Were you addressing my post regarding the mouldings?
If so, please do look around for the 1/4 and door trim that joins up with these as I would like to have them on my car! PM me should you find them :)

Yes, I was. I may have found the door pieces the other day. My son may have the other pieces at his house and he's currently out of the country (he'll be back next week).

Jim
Hey that's great!
PM me if and when you find them!! We can talk then! I am trying to figure out how to load a picture on here? LOL

-
Back