Transmission cooler lines

-

DartVadar

Reaction score
As I was removing the motor and trans in my 73 dart (318/904) One of the transmission lines that comes off of the radiator was stripped and wouldn't come out, so my last resort was to cut it. The passenger side line is fine. I've looked online for replacement lines but they seem to stop at 72 dart with 904 for whatever reason.

Would the 72 line fit? and if not where can I get new lines? I'm going to be running the 904 with the new motor and the stock trans cooler in the 26 inch rad that came with the car.

There is no physical difference between 67-76 as far as the chassis and drive-train goes. 70-76 for sheet-metal shares a lot of similarities too. So get the one fore the 72.

A side note: sometimes you can search part numbers on eBay and find the same part for an old ford or chevy at half the price, just because it doesn't say 'mopar'.

If for some reason, the 73 line is different, you can send the original one to Fine Lines and they will bend you one. They use your original one as a pattern. You'd have to reattach the section you cut off.

Fine Lines didn't list a fuel pump to carb line for my 73 2-barrel Challenger. I sent them the original lines and they bent up new ones for me.

If for some reason, the 73 line is different, you can send the original one to Fine Lines and they will bend you one. They use your original one as a pattern. You'd have to reattach the section you cut off.

Fine Lines didn't list a fuel pump to carb line for my 73 2-barrel Challenger. I sent them the original lines and they bent up new ones for me.

Did you have to ship it in a wood crate so the post office didn't reconfigure it? :)

All 67-76's use the same lines for each trans. The distance from the trans and mount forward is the same. Just make sure you know which trans your going with before ordering. The 727 and 904 use different lines

Okay that's good to know, I guess I will order the lines for the 72.

Did you have to ship it in a wood crate so the post office didn't reconfigure it?

I shipped it in a piece of PVC so it wouldn't get bent. It was just shipped back to me in an oversized box.

I have a brand new set for A body small block to 904 that I bought and did not use.

PM me if you want a pic.

$30 plus the ride.

Mop

-
Back