Transmission Cooler

-
That is somewhat true, but it is less frequent than most people believe. The bottom of the radiator is the coolest part. With a 180* thermostat and a 10* temp drop, it's 170 around the cooler. The temperature of the transmission fluid entering the cooler is higher that that.

And the ambient temperature is never over 110 unless you are in the desert.

Ok bag of worms question... I have original a/c in my car which means I have an a/c condenser before the transmission cooler. Even though my a/c doesn't work right now but everything is still hooked up should I change out the condenser or should I wait on that until I get all the other parts to fix it?

My current ac condenser measures 22x16x1.25in
My current trans cooler measures 11x6x.75in

New Radiator Cold Case
Potential new trans cooler B&M 70268 super cooler
Potential new ac condensor climaparts CNFP1121 kit with drier.

20200305_152258.jpg

20200305_152555.jpg

20200303_180804.jpg

Ok bag of worms question... I have original a/c in my car which means I have an a/c condenser before the transmission cooler. Even though my a/c doesn't work right now but everything is still hooked up should I change out the condenser or should I wait on that until I get all the other parts to fix it?

My current ac condenser measures 22x16x1.25in
My current trans cooler measures 11x6x.75in

New Radiator Cold Case
Potential new trans cooler B&M 70268 super cooler
Potential new ac condensor climaparts CNFP1121 kit with drier.

If you plan on fixing your A/C now, obviously replace the condenser with a new Parallel Flow condenser that is compatible with R-134.

Nostalgic AC - Parallel Flow Condensers

If it's going to be some time before you update and repair your non-working A/C, just leave the existing one in place for now.

If you plan on fixing your A/C now, obviously replace the condenser with a new Parallel Flow condenser that is compatible with R-134.

Nostalgic AC - Parallel Flow Condensers

If it's going to be some time before you update and repair your non-working A/C, just leave the existing one in place for now.

Thanks!

I thought about it and decided the ac is going to wait for a while. It's not in the budget right now. I got a new trans cooler, springs and timing chain then the car is just going to be driven and enjoyed for a while!

Thanks!

I thought about it and decided the ac is going to wait for a while. It's not in the budget right now. I got a new trans cooler, springs and timing chain then the car is just going to be driven and enjoyed for a while!

Cool. Do yourself a favor, and soak that new timing chain on it's side for a few days in synthetic gear oil. I like to tap the container a few times a day to get any bubbles out and allow the oil to really get inside the rollers etc.

I ran out of chainsaw bar & chain oil one year and used some Redline synthetic gear oil instead. My chainsaw chains last at least 4 or 5 times longer with it. Ever since I started pre-soaking my timing chains in it, they have stayed nearly as tight as they were when I installed them. It makes a dramatic difference. I've been using it on my chainsaw and timing chains ever since.

Cool. Do yourself a favor, and soak that new timing chain on it's side for a few days in synthetic gear oil. I like to tap the container a few times a day to get any bubbles out and allow the oil to really get inside the rollers etc.

I ran out of chainsaw bar & chain oil one year and used some Redline synthetic gear oil instead. My chainsaw chains last at least 4 or 5 times longer with it. Ever since I started pre-soaking my timing chains in it, they have stayed nearly as tight as they were when I installed them. It makes a dramatic difference. I've been using it on my chainsaw and timing chains ever since.

Will do!

-
Back