Transmission front seal question

-

BuckeyeAlex

Reaction score
Hey guys. I dropped my motor back in my car last week, and after idling and checking for leaks, there was a slow trans fluid leak at the bottom center of the inspection plate. I'm assuming I did something to a seal between removing and reinstalling the motor, trans and converter. Motor is already back out, but it seems like all the parts stores have 10 different "front seals." Any help on which one I need would be great! It's a 727.

Now that's a new one on me. Tell them you have a big block and then see how many they say there are....

This is just from plugging in the info on their sites. I don't trust the employees enough to get the right one for me (maybe I should), so I figured posting up here would be best. My car is about 25 min away, otherwise I'd just go pull the converter out and inspect it closer. I was hoping to go buy the seal this evening, then drive out to replace it and only make one trip haha. If it should only be one seal, maybe I'll just go take the chance at the parts store.

seriously a federal mogal or any quality brand . just measure the out side diamiter and the verter hub to be sure .

Their issues is that small blocks had the possibility of more than one transmission. The only auto trans available for the big blocks is the 727 and I've only encountered one size pump seal for it.

Thank mguner!

jimjimjimmy, the car isn't in my garage so I was hoping to go to the parts store first. If I end up getting the wrong seal somehow, I'll certainly measure the one in the car and make sure that's where my leak is coming from.

-
Back